Only two days left and the first month of 2010 will be over. Went by quickly didn’t it? Just a few weeks ago people were excited about a new year and all the possibilities. Some had New Year’s resolutions, others set goals for themselves deciding that the resolution thing just doesn’t work for them. Either way you look at it we tend to take the New Year as a way to make a change. So let’s see how are you are doing so far.
Let’s start by looking at Health and Fitness. Surely this is on the top of many people’s list. Check off those that apply to you.
- I drink at least 6-8 glasses of water per day
- I eat moderate amounts of sugar, and have handled any sugar addiction.
- I eat moderate amounts of fat
- I eat moderate amounts of salt
- My diet contains a high percentage of fruit and vegetables
- I do not smoke
- I have no more than five alcoholic drinks per week
- I have no more than one drink of tea/coffee/coke per day
- At least five nights out of seven I get the sleep I need (min. 6 hours)
- I exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 25 minutes per session
How are you doing? See areas where you may need to pay more attention? Now that you are aware you can’t pretend to not know, so what are you going to do?
When you feel better you are more productive, more alert, able to handle the stresses of life better. Your outlook is more positive and that state of being positive is passed along to those that you interact with, the ripple affect.
The next assessment will be coming shortly – From Stress to Harmony!